Stuffed Chard Rolls – “Not Gender Rolls ” Mint Lime Pea Sauce & Caramelized Carrots
Stuffed Chard Rolls “not gender rolls” stuffed with Hummus topped with Mint Lime Pea Sauce & Caramalized Carrots and a softboiled egg. This was basically our final big dinner before we left home. It includes everything that we loved during the past month, which is the combo of Mint + Peas + Lime – which is super refreshing, the caramelised carrots which are seasoned with our marocain five spice and African honey – which always reminds me of our latest trip. Next to that there has to be Hummus – just because I became way better in making our own and chickpeas are filling and nourishing. Last but not least chard – which grew in our garden for almost 2 months now.
After a crazy week I am leaving Berlin & there are only 2 days left until Moritz heads to Bali – we arrived in the summer mode I would say ! I know compared to Bali, the Mosel region isnt as exciting, but I am very looking forward to spent my time with my mom in the garden. She promised to teach me all about the plants & how to cook them – so look forward for more 😉
For now – enjoy this advanced recipe of the Chard rolls ! ;))
How you do it :
preheat the oven to 200°
Mint Lime Pea Sauce
- Defreeze the peas by either microwave or leaving them in hot water.
- Add them into a blender or a facile, together with the fenuggreek, mint, salt, pepper, Lime Zest/Juice & the chickpeas (to thicken the sauce).
- Blend everything until you get a smooth texture. Taste it & season it as you favour.
- Start with cutting the garlic, onion & the ginger as well as the carrots into small cubes.
- Bring coconut oil to heat in a pan and add the onions & the garlic until they are golden brown.
- Heat 1/4 cup of water & add it into a cub with the honey & all the spices.
- Add the carrots to the pan & cook them for about 3 minutes. Than add the cup with the honey & the spices and let that simmer for another 2 minutes.
- When you are done, place the mixture on the bottom of your baking form and set aside.
Hummus Stuffed Chard Rolls
- Bring a big pot of water to SIMMER, not to boil & add the chard leaves for 20 sec until they are soft. Take them out and place them one by one on a towel.
- Bring a pan without oil to heat and rost the seeds & nuts
- Add the chickpeas +2 tbsp of the liquid from the can, tahini, coriander, salt, pepper, cumin into a blender or a facile and a handblender & blend until everything is smooth.
- Add the roasted nuts & seeds and mix them with the hummus.
- Place 1 1/2 tbsp hummus on a chard leave and roll it.
- Place them on the bed of carrots, sprinkle them with goat cheese and plae them into the oven for about 30 minutes until the cheese starts to turn golden
Serve it with the sauce and a soft boiled egg.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did !:))
kind regards from Berlin & Eichach