Coconut Hummus Pancakes – Quince-Vanilla potpourri and Pumpkin Pesto- “Taste the waste”
Coconut Hummus Pancakes with Quince-Vanilla potpourri and Pumpkin Pesto
“taste the waste
Coconut Hummus Pancakes – “Small but Oho” – Quince Vanilla potpourri- Pumpkin Pesto
At least that is what you would say in Germany to something that is small but should not be underestimated. This beautiful creation is based on our leftovers and tasted to good. Hummus and sweetness was a whole new combination for us and we are happy that we had the inspiration by the combination of craving something sweet and having leftover hummus.
How you do it:
- For the pancake use a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the almond milk.
- After that, you add the hummus cream to it and mix it with the sparkling water. The last step is to add the eggs, mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly coconut oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop of the dough onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- For the Pesto, heat a lightly coconut oiled pan and roast the pumpkin seats until lightly brown. Give the seats with the pumpkin oil into a mixer and mix the well until smooth.
- For the Quince-Vanilla potpourri, cut the Quince and the apples into small cubes. Use a medium size pot and steam the coconut syrup with the minced ginger for 1 min.
- Add the Fruit cubes, open the vanilla bean and scratch the pod out of it with a small knife add the bean rests and the pod to the rest and leave the pot on medium heat with a lid on the side for 10 minutes.
- Add the cranberry´s and leave it 2 more minutes without heat if needed add some more coconut sugar at the end. Ready to serve all together
Enjoy your power-breakfast and save your leftovers!