Cocos Makronen – “Moritz’s Favourite Christmas busiquits”
Today we are going to preent to you: Moritz’s Favourite Christmas cookies – in German: Kokos Makronen. They may look simple but they are juicy, chocolaty and satisfying.
Moritz was talking abut them all the time, so we decided to create an extra moist but still containing a healthy sugar alternative which is naturl and low in calories.
- Birch sugar, also called xylitol, is probably the healthiest alternative to white sugar. Acquired in a completely natural way from a birch bark, it has a lot of benefits and healthproperties. It also included colourful fizzy drinks, sweetening the coffee and eating candy.
- It’s a healthy replacement for white sugar – sugarmade of birch bark has a significantly lower glycaemic index and it has a lot less calories than white sugar
- it’s a perfect pick for diabetics and people who count every calorie without giving up all sweets, it can be used by people with diabetes and people who are trying to fight with their obesity, as it reduces the sweets cravings and the body can process it with minimal amount of insulin.
how you do it:
- Preheat the oven to 150°
- In a pan mix the coconut flakes, sugar or sweetener of choice, vanilla or spices & give it a good stir. Heat it on low to medium power.
- Add the egg white or beaten up aqua faba and mix it. Stir until everything is cobined.
- Eyballwith a spoon and put little cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake for around 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool. Meanwhile make a water bath by heating some water in a pan & put a ceramic or metal vessel on top to melt down the chocolate.
- Dip either the sides or the bottom of the cookies into the chocolate and let them cool again
Hope you enjoy this recipe ! & dont eat them as fast as moritz did 😉
- Coconut Flakes 200g
- Egg whites or Aqua Faba 4 or 5 tbsp
- Extra fine sugar or xylit 150g
- Vanilla 1/2 tbsp
- Dark Chocolate 1 bar