Crispy Overnight Buttermilk Chickenwings -Spread your wings
On of our rare meat containing recipes is the delicious overnight Buttermilk Chickenwings recipe which is not only tasty and crunchy but also super light (well suited for a low fat diet). Really important to me as a chef is that the chicken comes from a trustable source, best would be the regional farmer hereby.
I bought this chicken on the fresh regional market in Angers, where we currently live. This free-range organic feeded chicken is every cent worth and the taste difference to mass production chicken is hughe ! As always our motto: Buy less but the best quality you can get !!
Separating and Deboning of a free-range chicken.
- Turn the chicken with the thighs pointing up and cut the wings at the level of the joint.
- Turn around and cut from the middle bone on the chicken chest close to the bone. Take the bones and karree for help.Detach the chicken carcass by cutting around the bone.
- Cut into the base of the wings using a knife and detach the bone.
- Remove the thigh bone by scraping it free from the meat.
- Once the wings, legs, and chests are free from the rest of the chicken, the parts are ready to rumble 🙂
- Tip: Keep the body of the chicken to cook a chicken broth with vegetables.
How you do it:
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade together and add everything to a big plastic bag. Add the chicken wings to the marinade and let this soak for at least 20 hours to get the best result.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 200°C and layer a baking sheet with some nonsticking baking paper.
- Take out the chicken wings from the marinade and let any excess marinade trip from the wings. Now mix the eggs with the flour, spices mixture (flour, thyme, bell pepper, cayenne pepper, salt).
- Dip the wings into the flour mixture and equally cover it and put them on the baking tray. Bake this for around 15 minutes, take it out of the oven and sprinkle it with olive oil – back into the oven for another 15 minutes, take out, turn, and back for 15-20 minutes until golden and shining.
- Quickly mix the ingredients for the dip with some lemon zest and juice. Season with salt, pepper and honey and enjoy together with the buttermilk chicken wings.