Indian Coconut Fennel – “Smooth Indian Dish”
Again something that I owe to my mum – every family has their staple dishes and cuisines that they love and follow the most. For me, Claire, and my mum, it has always been the indian cuisine.
Therefore, we have decided that we are goig to share some of the recipes which i already consider as staple foods and should never be missing in an indian feast.
Maybe there are even recipes that are surprising you. The first recipe is going to be a coconut fennel recipe with raisins. I often find that indian food is quite harsh on my digestive system, not so this recipe. The smooth fennel with its lightly sweet touch, the smooth texture and the kardamom are super smooth for your stomach.
Its a real childhood memory and still one of my favorite recipes ever !
How you do it:
- Start with cutting the onions, garlic and ginger into really small cubes. Heat some coconut oil in a pan and add the cubes to it, heating them up until they are getting glazy and soft.
- Now add the cardamom and the cumin and stir until all cubes are equally covered by the spices.
- Cut the fennel into medium sized cubes and add them to the pot, again stiring until everything is well combined.
- Add the coconut milk and stir good. Even add a little splash of water to make sure it does not get too thick.
- Now add the raisins and the salt and let this simmer for aorund 15 Minutes until the fennel gets nice and smooth.
- Serve it with rice and self-made naan bread for good.
hope you enjoy this little Indian fennel recipe as much as I do .
- Fennel 1 head
- Coconut milk 300ml
- Onion 1
- Garlic 1 glove
- Ginger minzed 1 tbsp
- Raisins 1 hand full
- Cardamom 1 tbsp
- Cumin 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 pinch