Lavender Zucchini Muffins with Lavender Elderflower Frosting “edible flower baking”
Lavender Zucchini Muffins with Lavender Elderflower Frosting. This is only for you !!!! I have to admit – or i already admitted: I love cooking and I think I might be relatively good at it, but I am the worst baker in the world. Last time i baked I had the assistance from my roommate for every little tiny step but I still managed that the cake was completly ruined by me taking it out too early. After the last desaster I swore that I would take a biiiig pause from baking. So this is very special & I was more than surprised when those muffins turned out to be super delicious !
We want to start a new project called: Edible Flowers and wield herbs. Next to the bee project which is in the pipe we are going to focus our research on that & we already have quite some nice ideas 🙂 So we start of right: with the sweet !
I still have an abundance of zucchini from the garden, so the first went straight down into the muffins. Dont be sceptical: If you never had carrots or zucchini in your pastry: It makes it more moist and delicious I promise!
Lavender does not only smell amazing but also tastes super interesting and flowery in pastry.You can add it fresh, let it dry in sugar or on a flower drying utensil.
How you do it :
- Preheat the oven to 175°
- Shred the zucchini. In a bowl combine the eggs or egg replacement (2 tbsp of soaked Flax Seeds), the sugar, vanilla. Add the Zucchini and the coconut oil.
- In another bowl stir the flour, baking powder, cinamon, salt, lavender. Add this mixture one by one into the zucchini mixture and stir until everything is well combined. Don’t mix too much.
- Butter the muffin forms and add the dough equally to the forms.
- Bake them for around 20 min and test if they are done with a tooth pick. If nothings sticks on the wood, they are done
- Take them out and ket them cool
- Meanwhile mix te butter or vegan butter, the icing sugar, the lavender and the elderflower syrup into a bowl until they are completly combined and no lumps remain.
- Cote the cooled muffins with the icing and top them off with lavender.