Red Beet & Fennel Salad with Hazelnut Oil
This Red Beet & Fennel Salad is a beauty of its own. Catching up with one of the last recipe created back home. My mum had fresh veggies from the solidary agricultural project (Solawi) that she is in and we created this together . Such an easy and refreshing salad and on top very healthy! Give it a try.
This recipe works very well together with our Kumin Flat Bread Recipe
or the self made lowcarb seedsbread -> https://www.truefoodsblog.com/recipe/selfmade-seedbread-start-day-right/
Health Benefits Red Beet:
1. Many Nutrients in Few Calories
Beets boast an impressive nutritional profile.
They are low in calories, yet high in valuable vitamins and minerals. In fact, they contain a bit of almost all the vitamins and minerals that you need
2. Help Keep Blood Pressure in Check
Studies have shown that beets can significantly lower blood pressure by up to 4–10 mmHg over a period of only a few hours
3. Can Improve Athletic Performance
Several studies suggest that dietary nitrates may enhance athletic performance.
For this reason, beets are often used by athletes.
Nitrates appear to affect physical performance by improving the efficiency of mitochondria, which are responsible for producing energy in your cells
4. May Help Fight Inflammation
Beets contain pigments called betalains, which may potentially possess a number of anti-inflammatory properties
5. May Improve Digestive Health
Dietary fiber is an important component of a healthy diet.
It has been linked to many health benefits, including improved digestion.
One cup of beetroot contains 3.4 grams of fiber, making beets a good fibre source.
6. May Help Support Brain Health
Interestingly, the nitrates in beets may improve mental and cognitive function by promoting the dilation of blood vessels and thus increasing blood flow to the brain
7. May Have Some Anti-Cancer Properties
The antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory nature of beets have led to an interest in its ability to prevent cancer.
However, the current evidence is fairly limited.
If you want to read more in detail about the benefits visit Healthline about Red Beet Health Benefits.
How to do it:
- Shave the fennel into really thin pieces with eather a hand shaver or a machine.
- For the beet try to get them into stripes and shave them like this to get thin pieces. Keep the green of the fennel as a delicious topping
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing together and massage it in.
- Wash your hands and don’t hesitate to use them.
- Serve on a warm summer eve. Use the fennel green on top as garnish.