Sweet potato Kumpir with vegan Purple Rain SauerCrowd Coleslaw
We all love coleslaw, but the ready to eat coleslaw in retail is mostly not vegan-friendly, packed with E-numbers and sugar. We couldn’t accept this so we made a vegan SauerCrowd purple rain coleslaw recipe for “The Crowd”. The recipe is super easy, full of probiotic bacteria from our Purple Kraut, plant-based with a simple vegan mayo recipe and fruity delicious topped with pomegranate seeds and protein-rich seasoned tofu crumble.
We think you guys are going to Sweet potato Kumpir with vegan Purple Rain SauerCrowd Coleslaw recipe and if you give it a try, let us know! We love seeing your comments, and especially your Instagram photos. Just tag them #SauerCrowd so we can give them a look.
How you do it:
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- Take a fork and put in holes into the skin of the sweet potato.
- Take a piece of aluminum foil, put the potato on it & add a tbsp of olive oil and cover the potato with it
- Bake the potato for around 30-35 min, cut it halfway through and open it to be filled.
SauerCrowd Yin/Yang Mayonaise
- Give the Soy Milk, Mirin vinegar, mustard, agave syrup, wasabi and the ume paste (or the alternatives) into a tall vessel and mix it up for 5 seconds.
- Start mixing the basis and drizzle very slowly first the rapeseed oil, then the olive oil into.
- Mix up until the Mayonaise reached a nice firm texture, if needed add a little bit more oil into. 4. Add some salt and white pepper at will. Truly Amazin or?
The nice thing is this vegan Mayonaise stays good for min 1-2 weeks (best in the fridge) because there is nothing fast perishable inside.*
The easy way is to just use the amazing raw fermented “Purple rain” Sauerkraut from SauerCrowd. Use one Jar of SauerCrowds finest probiotic ferments and add the Mayo as well as some apple slices or cubes for your coleslaw.
Alternatively, you can make it yourself:
- Take the purple cabbage head, cut the bottom ribs away. Shredd the leaves really fin with a sharp knife or a cabbage shredder.
- Shred the apples with a square file.
- Cut the baby leek into fin slices and add all together in a large bowl.
- Add vinegar, salt, sugar, and lime to the bowl and mix everything really well with your hands. Hint: Hereby, it is important that you squeeze the cabbage really well with your hand for at least two minutes. The coleslaw will get really soft and tasty from this procedure.
- Put the Coleslaw a side and wair for at least an hour, then taste it again and add salt, pepper and acidity at will.
Just crumble some organic Tofu and season with smoked paprika powder, curry, salt, pepper. Mix it all together and fry in a pan with 2 tbsp olive oil for about 3 minutes.