Truefoodslog famous Sweetpotato Fries – “what you all have been waiting for”
This recipe has been requested so many times now. Especially from friends and families for whom we cooked them. They are our must have for every evening with friends, thats for sure.
Over the time we developed this recipe and we are finally completly satisfied with our method and ingredients.
There are several crucial steps which have to be made in order to get them so crispy outside and smooth from the outside. But no worries we got ya!
How you do it:
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into finger thick stripes. Try not to leave thin ends. They will burn.
- Now you get the first trick: Put the stripes into a bowl of cold water and let them soak for at least 30 min – best 1 hour.
(this willl wash out the starch and makes them extra smooth in the inside.)
- Now preheat hte oven to 200° C
- take out the stripes and dry the with a towel.
- Now add m into a plastique sack, together with the starch, bread crumbs spices, salt, and sugar.
- Mix this though properly, so that verything is perfectly combined.
- Now add the spiced stripes on a baking sheet and sprinkle some olive oil over it.
- Mix it with your hands and place them, so that they do not touch each other.
- Than bake them for 15 minutes, take them out, turn them with a specular and bake them for another 15min.
- Let them dry outside the oven for 5 more minutes and you are done.
Serve with our famous BBQ sauce (recipe coming soon )