Vegan Cinnamon Buns -“Cozy time and cinnamon buns”
More baking on this website latly! I somehow really start to like it. This dish we actually created because we had to bake something nice for University. While we were standing in the kitchen and the smell of cinnamon and roasted nuts and apples flew through our kitchen – i really realized that its finally cozy winter time now.
People still think that its really really difficult to bake vegan. For us, who are taking to so many chefs and very food ambitious its easy to forget, but still plant-based food is still something for a small minority.
Therefore, we want to include more vegan baking recipes now on this blog, so we can show and spread how easy it is to bake vegan.
How you do it:
- In small saucepan over medium heat, melt plant-based butter. Stir in the Oat- milk.
- Let it shorty cook and remove it from the heat for around 20 seconds. Pour in large bowl or bowl of stand mixer. Stir in yeast. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in separate large bowl, whisk the wholegrain flour, brown sugar, cardamom, cinnamon and salt.
- Add flour mixture to yeast mixture. Stir until just combined. Knead by hand on lightly floured surface 10 to 15 minutes until dough is smooth, soft and elastic.
- Turn the dough into a ball. Place in clean bowl. Cover bowl with towel and let dough rise in warm place 1 hour.
- Wash the apple and grind it. Heat the almond butter, mix it with the cinnamon for the filling, cut the nuts into small pieces and add this to the mixture. Add sugar if needed (recommended).
- Soflty start kneading the dough. Flour your surface and roll out the dough to a right angle, short end facing you, around half a finger thick. Heat the Butter or the coconut oil and butter a third of the end. Add a thin layer of your filling.
- Fold top third of dough down and bottom third of dough up, like a letter. Use sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut dough into stripes. Use knife or pizza cutter to cut each strip three-quarters of the way up lengthwise. Twist both ends, then tie in knot. Tuck ends under. Leave some space between the buns, they will expand.
- Cover with towel and let rise 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 200°C
- Brush the buns with slightly moe coconut oil and sprinkle with pearl sugar, if desired.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until buns are golden brown and baked through.
- Plant based Butter or coconut oil 12 tbsp
- Oats Milk 1 Cup
- Active dry Yeast 1 packet
- All purpose flour (we used wholegrain) 3 Cups
- Brown Sugar 1/4 Cup
- Cinnamon 1 pinch
- Salt 1 pinch
- Brown Sugar 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon 2 tbsp
- Plant based Butter or coconut oil 2 tbsp
- Pearl sugar for decor
- Grounded apples 1 Apple
- Almonds or any other nut 1 handful