Vegan Red Beet Gingerbread Apple Crumble “Autumn Treat”
Autumn is there 🙂 Of course we are already missing the varieties of fruits and vegetables but we will help you go through it – promised.
So, I & Moritz are true Christmas lovers. Really, Moritz is already excited for his little gingerbread bakery. Every year he organizes a baking session with a lot of people to bake plenty of gingerbread. When they are done, they are shared with everyone – Its such a lovely tradition I think. I would not descripe myself as a traditional person, but I definitely love traditions and rituals, I feel the time to wait for them, the effort you put and the joy you feel is just really special & I feel our societies are losing their rituals a bit.
Which might not be the worst thing if we look some rituals that disappeared. But still, everyone should create their own little rituals with their beloved ones.
Anyways… just some thoughts of the day. So my love for Christmas brought me to this recipe. Gingerbread is a very intense but really eally tasty & “Christmasy” spice. When we were in Morocco we had a Beet gingerbread clafoutis and since then I am obsessed with the combination.
This time is the really first time that I think that I managed to recreate the love between beet & gingerbread spice!
Please let us know how you liked it!
How you do it:
- In a bowl, start mixing all the ingredients for the crumble together and mix it with a spoon, so you get those clusters of dough.
- Place the mixture in the fridge while you prepare the apples & beets
- Preheat the oven to 170°
- Peel the Beet & the apples if you prefer (i did not).
- Cut the Beet & the Apples into thin slices and mix them with the lemon juice, molt coconut oil, sugar, spice & a pinch of salt.
- Place the Apple-Beet mixture in a baking pan & add the crumbles on top.
- Let this bake for around 40 minutes & enjoy!
THE ONLY THING I WAS PAINFULLY MISSING WAS ICE-CREAM :((