Vegan Sweetpotato Burger with Cucumber-Yoghurt Mix – “Seitanlicious”
Vegan Burgers are becoming more and more popular to Burger lovers just like the Vegan Sweetpotato Burger. The meat-free alternatives are not only good for your diet but also they do provide an alternative to the people who just love eating a burger but are willing to reduce their meat consumption. With our vegan Sweet potato burger with Cucumber-Yoghurt Mix, we want to offer you a Burger recipe based on Seitan and potatoes with a refreshing cucumber sauce on top. The burger bun can be either homemade or bought at a bakery of your choice. Try to combine this recipe with our famous Truefoods Sweetpotatoe recipe which is available on our webpage Truefoodsblog.com
How to do:
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut into cubes and cook in plenty of salted water for 15 minutes. After that, drain and finely crush.
- Finely chop the shallots, garlic, and nuts. Add 150ml of cold water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the sweet potato. Season with salt, Curcuma, and cumin. Mix the mixture with the seitan powder and knead for 5 minutes. Quarter the dough, shape into patties and let it rest.
- Boil water in a large saucepan with steaming attachment. Steam patties for 40 minutes and allow cooling.
- Cut the cucumber into small cubes, finely chop the shallot, green pepper, and dill. Mix with yogurt, vinegar, and salt
- Brush patties with remaining oil and sauté in a medium pan for 4 minutes per side. Pour vegan cheese over the patties and let it melt.
- Cut bread rolls. Grill with the cut-offs for 1 minute over indirect heat. Brush bottom bun halves with mustard. Cover with lettuce leaves, sprouts, patties, and cucumber yogurt mix.
Hint: The perfect addition to this recipe Truefoodsblog famous Sweet potato Fries: https://www.truefoodsblog.com/recipe/sweetpotato-fries-truefoodsblog/
1.step the burger mix pic