BBQ Jackfruit Pineapple Spinach Pizza – “Truefoods favourite Pizza “
BBQ Jackfruit Pineapple Spinach Pizza – “Truefoods favorite Pizza ” –
Okay, we have to admit: we are absolute Pizza Junkies, there is nearly no recipe with which you can be more creative than Pizza. So today we are going to present you the most creative, most delicious, heavenly pizza we have ever had. This Pizza is slightly more work, but sooooooo worth it !
In the Picture, you can see that we did not add any decoration on the side. That is because the smell was so rediculous good that we just wanted to make this damn picture & EAT! We added some Romanian salad leaves, just because the very rich, salty, saucy pizza needed something refreshing 😉
Currently we are adding more and more “inspired by..” recipes. That is not because of collaborations but just freely spreading the amazing content of the people we are inspired by. From vegan and hard to do, from very easy and conventional- its all about the slow media, spreading good, sustainable content and the love for what they are doing, which inspired us to share them with you
Jackfruit is the new thing, at the moment & of course, we are one of the people to jump on the train. We also found that one of our most favorite chefs, who is also active on youtube, made an incredible recipe with jackfruit. The BBQ Jackfruit recipe of him is the one we used for this pizza as well: definitely check him out. The way, the love and the know-how with which he creates his content is just inspiring. In addition, the flavor bombs, which you will create in your kitchen are just so worth to spend this little more time in thekitchen!!
Check out his Webside : https://www.avantgardevegan.com/recipes/bbq-pulled-jack-fruit-lettuce-wraps/
How you do it:
- Start with pouring the warm water into a small bowl and stir in the yeast and the sugar until they have dissolved. Rest for 5 min.
- In another bowl, mix flour and salt & create a hole in the middle into which you want to pour the yeast mixture plus a tbsp of olive oil.
- Start kneading this with your hands until you get an elastic, smooth dough ball.
- Put this back into a bowl & cover it with a clove, leaving it to rise for around 1 hour in a warm place.
BBQ Jackfruit Topping
- Start with rinsing the jackfruit and pour them into a bowl. Add the cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, sage, cumin, and stir, so all the jackfruit is evenly covered.
- For the BBQ sauce, start with pouring the ketchup, vinegar, mustard, liquid smoke and the tamari into a pot and let this warm up on low to medium heat. Stir occasionally & enjoy the smell. If you want to make it easy just heat up some BBQ sauce of choice.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a pan & start baking the jackfruit in it. Add the sugar so the herbs start to caramelize onto the jackfruit.
- When the jackfruit starts caramalizing, add the BBQ sauce and let this heat up for a couple more minutes.
Tomato sauce & finishing with the Toppings
- Now preheat the oven to around 170°C
- Add the tomato paste into a bowl and pour the hot water over it. Give it a good stir until it has dissolved.
- Now add the oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper and the splash of agave syrup and stir again.
- Now take the dough out of the bowl & knead it on a lightly floured surface. Take a pizza roller and flatten the dough as flat as you prefer to have your crust.
- Add the Tomato sauce on top and spread evenly. Drain a Can of Pineapple and add as many s you please, followed by the BBQ jackfruit.
- In a small bowl add nutritional yeast, the white nut cream, salt, vinegar and hot water and mix this until you have a smooth texture. This is your vegan cheese.
- Now add the spinach on top, followed by a drizzle of the vegan cheese.
- Bake this for around 20-30 minutes until your kitchen starts smelling like heaven!
Serve with a refreshing salad & enjoy !!!!
- Warm Water 1 Cup
- Active Yeast 1 packet
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Wholegrain Flour 3 Cups
- Olive Oil 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 tbsp
- Jackfruit 1 Can
- Tomato Ketchup 1 Cup
- Cayenne pepper 1 tbsp
- Dried Sage 1 tbsp
- Smoked Paprika 1 tbsp
- Cumin 1 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Mustard 3 tbsp
- Balsamic Vinegar 1 tbsp
- liquid smoke or BBQ flavour 1 tbsp
- Tamari 1 tbsp
- For the lazy (just use BBQ Sauce) 1 Cup
- Pineapple in Juice 1/2 Can
- Spinach 1 Cup
- Tomato Paste 3 tbsp
- Warm Water 1/2 Cup
- Agave Syrup 1 tbsp
- Thyme & Rosemary 2 tbsp
- Salt 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper 1 tbsp
- Oregano 1 tbsp
- Cashew creme/white almond creme/ Tahini 3 tbsp
- Nutritioanl Yeast 4 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinega 1 tbsp
- Warm Water 6 tbsp
- Salt 1 pinch