Best Vegan Sauerkraut Burger – “The SauerCrowd Burger”
Today we introduce you to our favorite burger at the moment, probably for a loooong time.
We used this recipe for the first time at the presentation of SauerCrowd at our Ecotrophilia competition and ever since using it for making friends, family and us incredibly happy.
In the picture below you can see our love Minik indulging into one of our burgers.
What we think makes the combo of sauerkraut and this hearty bun recipe so incredible is the balance they give each other. So you have the richness of the burger and the crunchy sourness of the sauerkraut that makes it so addictive.
our new slogan:
Sauerkraut is the new pickle on the burger
a beautiful easy way to make everyone love and appreciate raw sauerkraut and that is our goal. Only when you eat your ferments raw, you will profit from its health properties and probiotic character. But of course, there are people that have to get out of their comfort zone to try sauerkraut raw. So this is our strategy 😉
How you do it:
- Add the line seeds with the same amount of water into a bowl and let it sit.
- Start with preparing the burger bun. So thinly chop the broccoli into tiny pieces. Followed by the onion. Also cut the onions into slices and heat some olive oil in a pan.
- Fry the mushrooms in the pan until they released most of their water.
- In a big bowl bash half of the beans and eventually add the rest of the ingredients to it as well as the rest of the beans
5. Season after preference, and set aside to let the bread crumps soak up some of the moisture, so the patty will be very easy to form.
6. Heat some olive oil in a pan, form a patty in your hands and fry the patty for round 3 minutes on each side until you get a golden crust.
7. Mix the ingredients for the sauce, cut the burger puns and heat them in the pan.
8. Now start with spreading the sauce on each sides, add the vegan cheese, patty, salad and Sauerkraut!