Sauerkraut Seed Cracker “Gut health on the go”
This idea came from the question “what can I gift to my family and friends, without buying something”. This Christmas our family had a gift-consume strike. So we only gifted handcrafted things or little stuff that we knew the others would desperately need.
Well, what I had was Sauerkraut & loads of seeds.
This is also the perfect solution for those that are
- cant store sauerkraut
- want a quick pro-prebiotic snack
- low in carbs
- live or have to live on a keto diet
- delicious and homemade
Here is how you make it :
1. in order to preserve the gut-healing lactobacilli, we recommend drying the sauerkraut for 1 hour at 50°C, with a slightly opened oven door. Start with pressing out the sauerkraut through a cloth, catch the liquid for later
2. Now mix the sauerkraut juice with the chia seeds, flax seeds, and water. Let this soak for 15 minutes until the seeds turn into a gel (not too thick)
3. In a pan roast, the sesame, sunflower & pumpkin seeds until your kitchen is filled with a delicious smell.
4. Now Mix all the seeds, the buckwheat, and sauerkraut with the gel and blend until you receive a thick “slimy” mass.
5. Thinly spread the “dough” on a baking paper and bake for around 30 minutes at max 70°C, then take the crackers out and cut the mass into the sizes you prefer.
6. continue baking the mass for another 1 hour at the same temperature and let them cool properly before storing in a closed box.