Vegan Broccoli Black Bean Fritters “high protein snack”
Vegan Broccoli Black Bean Fritters -“high protein snack”. It’s getting busy again, the first year students are slowly arriving in Almere and the next study year is waving.
Yesterday I met Marrit, one of the coordinators of Slow Food Youth Network & we had a cozy korean dinner at her place. The potatoes and vegetables from her garden. Good food, a rainy day and a cozy place, conersations over food, cows which save the world and bear with green tea. It was simply a nice but also productive evening. We talked about upcoming projects and events & managed to get our schedule full with exciting stuff. A lot of which you can look forward as well 🙂
Not only this happened yesterday, but I also decided to cut back with dairy and any other animal sourced foods. Basically going vegan for my own groceries. I was always an active person I did Judo, Danced and played soccer. When I was around 16 I started going to the gym and even got myself into freeletics & even crossfit. The mantra that came with it was that I need a that certan amount of protein for every meal. For me as a veggithat resulted in a high consumption of dairy. Now I want to try to see how my body responds to the change. I will definitly keep you updated.
This is definitely a good source of good plant based proteins coming from the beans, lentils and the tofu.
How you do it:
- Start with heating som water in a pot to steam the broccoli. Cut the broccoli into small pieces and let it steam until its smooth.
- Soak a tbsp of lineseeds in 1/2 tbsp of water and set aside.
- Meanwhile cut the todu into little parts, at the yeast flakes, line seed, beans, salt, pepper, spices, oats, the broccoli and the flour.
- Now really firmly press this together with your hands so its combined completly.
- Heat some olive oil in the pan and bake the fritters until they are golden brown.
- Tofu (semi firm) 250g
- Oat flakes 100g
- Black beans 1/2 Can drained
- Nutritiounal Yeast 4 tbsp
- Lentil flour (or any other wholegrain flour) 100g
- Soaked Lineseeds 1 tbsp
- Broccoli 1 Head
- Salt 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper 1 tbsp
- Nutmeg 1 tbsp
- Curry 2 tbsp
- Coriander 1 tbsp