Banana Bread with Almonds, Cardamom and Honey- “Where Milk & Honey flow”
A place where Milk and Honey flow.
We are nostalgic at the moment. We have been dreaming and talking about the memories of Marocco lately. The night in the Sahara, the crowded places in Marrakech, the beautiful people in Casablanca and the Lady of the House in the Riad we have lived in.
If you might know we are writing a cookbook at the moment and this recipe is a dessert for a tajine recipe which we have learned in the Sahara. Nothing will ever taste as good as this Tajine anymore- of that I am sure.
Another nostalgic thought of mine is the combination of Cardamom and Banana. My mum always used to make banana milk with the little black seeds and ever since I have been convinced that neither Banana nor Cardamom could work without each other. It has been the first experience of true love I like to say 😀 Thanks mum for this.
For these reasons this recipe is quite close to us, although it might seem simple and well known. But still, when you taste this banana cake, feel the warm sahara wind in your faces and a small girls bright smile when drinking a glass of cold banana milk with cardamom.
Love & Light to you all
How you do it:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- In a big Bowl, mix the Eggs, smashed bananas, melted coconut oil, baking powder, cardamom, sugar or alternative, honey and Milk together until you get a small film of foam.
- Now slowly add the flour, stir and add more, continuing until everything is well combined.
- Add the almonds and carefully whisk them under the dough.
- Butter a Bread Pan and insert the dough.
- Bake this for around 30 Minutes and enjoy warm with a glass of milk or plant-based drink of favor.
- Wholegrain Flour 200g
- Ripe smashed banana 3
- Eggs or flax seed Egg 2
- Sugar or alternative of choice 50g
- Salt 1 pinch
- Honey 4 tsbp
- Cardamom 1 pinch
- Baking powder 1 tbsp
- Coconut Oil 4 tbsp
- Milk 3 tbsp