Best Vegan Granola Bar – Cranberry, Cocoyoghurt & Maple
Inspired by our latest brand analysis
about Tropicai… I wanted to create something that I wanted to veganize for a long period of time now: Granola Bars with a yoghurt topping :)))
Until now I haven’t managed to recreate the smooth, sweet and flavorful topping. Thats were Tropicai came to mind. When we visited them they introduced us to their newest innovation: A vegan coconut milk powder whcih acts exactly like milk powder itself.
Its really smooth and actually does not have such a strong coconut taste at all. So, I decided why not give it a try ? and it turned out pretty damn good ! I have to admit that they are quit rich, so you can eat one and you are full for the moment, but frozen even very refreshing.
How you do it:
- Start with pre-heating the oven to 100°C (the perfect temeperatur so the sugar does not turn bitter)
- Mix the Oats, Coconut oil, Maple syrup, Cranberries and Almonds in a bowl until everything is well combined.
- Layer a square baking tray of 20cm-20cm wt baking paper and press the pat mixture to the bottom, so a smooth surface is the result.
- Add this to the oven for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhle start with the glace. In a small pot heat 3 tbsp of water with the cranberries to retreive the fruity topping.
- In another small pot heat the coconut oil, add the milk powder and the milk and stir until it results in a really smooth texture.
- Take out the oat bars and add the glaces on top.
- Freeze this for at least 2 hours and cut when set.
- You might put them to the freezer afterwards and take out when want to be consumed so they are durable for a longer period of time.
- Rolled Oats 400g
- Maple syrup 200ml
- coconut oil (melt) 3 tbsp
- Cranberries dried 50g
- Almonds whole 1 hand full
- Tropicai coconut milk powder 4 tbsp
- Coconut Oil 3 tbsp
- Cranberries 50g
- plant-based milk 4 tbsp