Buffalo – Chickpeas Green Leave Lemon Salad
Buffalo – Chickpeas Green Leave Lemon Salad – Still the aftermath of our harvesting party 😉
We already so much about gardening – mostly due to trial and fail. One of our mistakes was to place too many beets into one pot, so they just developed a lot of big leaves which fought for sunlight :/ so what to do with a lot of beet root leaves ?? well you can eat them as well J they taste – very green: D but still really nice if you season them well! We also had some cabbage as well as mangold which needed to be eaten. So why not making a warm salad?
I was still dreaming about our buffalo cauliflower wings (inset link) but we did not have the time and cauliflower to make them, so I thought why not try it with chickpeas?
I think I could have even make the batter and really properly cook them twice like the cauliflower, but for this time I left out the batter – uuh I think I am going to try that next time and let you know 😉
Hope you like this little refreshing salad combination :
How you do it:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Mix the buffalo glaze by adding the BBQ sauce, the ketchup, cumin, salt, black pepper, sesame oil red paprika powder and aqua faba (the water of the chickpeas).
- Add the chickpeas and stir until they are all equally covered in glaze
- Put them into the oven and let them bake for around 20min. You can also use the Tefal Acti fry with inly 3 % fat which gets them really crispy (link with 50 % turefoodsblog discount in brand name).
Green Leaves Salad
- Cut all your leaves into small stripes. Feel them and choose the hardest and thickest ones (in this case the cabbage) to cook first.
- Heat some sesame oil in a pan and add the first leaves for about 30 seconds. Stir them until the whole leaves are turning into a darker green but don’t lose their texture too much. Add the rest of the leaves and stir from the bottom up so they equally get the heat and minimize in size.
- Remove the leaves from the heat and add the lemon zest, salt, black pepper, a little almond butter (or peanut butter) and lemon juice.
Place the green leaves first and add the chickpeas fresh from the oven.
You can also serve it cold
- Green Leaves like Cabbage, Kale, Chard or Spinach 3 hand full
- Lemon Zest & Juice 1/2
- Salt 1 pinch
- Black Pepper 1 pinch
- Curry 1/2 tbsp
- Almond butter or any other nutbutter 1 tbsp
- Chickpeas 1 Can
- Aqua Faba 3 tbsp
- BBQ Sauce 4 tbsp
- Ketchup 3 tbsp
- Sesame Oil 1 tbsp
- Cumin 1/2 tbsp
- Red Pepper Powder 1/2 tbsp
- Black Pepper 1 pinch