Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta – “The Taste of Italian Forests”
The first week in Italy has passed. We both can already feel that this time will fly. We both had some intense experiences being back – living in the city. Moritz in Borneo, me in Hawaii, we both had constantly been in nature. So this week-end we just wanted to be back in nature. Cinque Terre was just 1 1/2 Hours from us, so we spent our time there. On the way we found those beautiful little pioppini mushrooms on sale and created this dish, which perfectly fitted to our natural surroundings. The sweet vibrant smell of the still warm forest floor, this dish in hand, the ocean on sight and a glass of wine, again made me realize that this whole planet is just full of beauty. I don’t have to fly on the other side of the world to have something that I don’t have right in front of me.
Still, cooking in a van can be quit a challenge. Little space, little utensils andthe thought in mind “oh god, afterwards I have to do the dishes for everything”- makes one quite sustainable and teached us to be efficient when cooking.
How you do it:
- Start with boiling the water for your pasta. Add a good pinch of salt to it.
- Peel your zucchini and finly rasp the peeled zucchini (this will add moisture to the sauce as well as make it lighter).
- Peel the onion and garlic and finely mince them.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Let them get soft and glazy than add the herbs and let this caramelize for a little longer. Add the pasta as soon as the water is boiling.
- Now, remove the ends of the mushrooms and add them to the onions. Stir. Push the mushrooms a little aside so you have space for the zucchini rasps. Add them and let this cook for some minutes. Stir occasionally. (Its okay if the zucchini and the mushrooms mix, The first separation allows the mushrooms to get golden brown and slighty crispy before the moisture of the zucchini comes into play. )
- Let this cook until everything starts to get glden brown and the zucchini starts falling apart.
- Now add the soy cream and a little of the pasta water (try the pasta and take out before getting to soft).
- Stir and season with salt and black pepper after taste.
- Serve with love either to beloved or yourself.
Thank you for reading, thank you for cooking, thank you for you 🙂