French Brioche – “Salted Butter and Jam love”
One of the first things we did bake in France. French Brioche. We enjoyed it on the terasse with some coffee, salted butter and jam. Moritz still remembered this recipe from his time in the star kitchen. So this one morning I woke up by the amazing smell coming from the kitchen.
After speding the morning at te fresh farmers market we sat down and enjoyed this amazing brioche, which was even better the next day, when Moritz made some pulled pork Philly Cheese Burgers.
How you do it:
- For the dough, start with mixing flour, sugar and the dry yeast. Now add the egg to the hand-warm milk and stir. Add this to the flour and kneadit on medium speed with a kneading machine.
- Cut the butter into little cubes and add it as well. Knead this for around 5-10 Minutes.
- Let the dough sit for around 1 hour to raise.
- Flour a surface and place the dogh on it before you devide it into 5 equal big pieces. Afterwards, put them into a buttered Bread form and cut the surface horizontally.
- Now let this raise for another hour.
- Preheat the oven 150°C.
- Bake the Brioche for aorund 40 Minutes until its golden brown.
Enjoy with salted butter and your favorite Jam.
- Flour 500g
- Sugar 60g
- warm Milk 250ml
- Egg 1
- Dry Yeast 1 Package
- Eggyolk 1
- Salt 1 pinch
- Butter 60g