Healthy Avocado Beet Brownies – “Beauty and the Beet” –
So this is basically what happens when you have to make dessert & all you have left in the fridge is Avocados you rescued and two vacumed Beets which really need to be used soon.
From the past we already learned that Beets & Chocolate go hand in hand. I thought: why not try to make some brownies. I actually was kind of worried about the taste of the Beets as well as the level of moist. Against every worry the Brownies turned out to be moist and fudgy. I think I could have even added a little more agave syrup, which I adjusted for the recipe I write right now.
Anyways I am once again surprised that I manage not to burn the kitchen nor the Brownies 🙂 maybe there is hope for me and the whole baking thing.
How you do it:
- Preheat the oven to 170°
- Spoon the Avocados into a bowl and blend this with the beets until smooth.
- Add the Coconut oil, Agave Syrup and give this a good stir. Add the Flour, Salt, Baking powder, Cacao Powder and the Vanilla. Mix until everything is combined.
- Now chop the dark chocolate into chunks and mix them with the dough.
- Lay out a baking pan or oil one which is at least 20cm * 20 cm (8 inches).
- Evenly spread the dough onto the baking sheet and bake the brownies for at least 30 min. Test with a stick whether the dough stays in place. If not bake for 10-15 min longer.
- Garnish it with what ever you prefer 🙂
- cooked beets (vacuum sealed) 2 Big ones
- Avocados 2
- Coconut Oil 2 tbsp
- Agave Syrup or sweetner of choice 1/4 Cup
- Coconut Powder 1/4 Cup
- Wholegrain Flour 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla 1 pinch
- Dark Chocolate chunks 1/4 Cup
- Baking soda 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 pinch