Healthy Pancakes – “Lupilove and Chiachocolate”
Healthy Pancakes – and the morning starts off right. We have a long weekend now, but you know how it is: it is just more time to work on your uni-projects. For this exhaustive assignment, have to be fueled. Using up the Lupine flour that I still had on my shelf was the right decision. You never heard about lupine?
Lupine is a typical European protein crop which uses the Ressources of our soil most effectively. It is not only perfectly suitable for the Europeans agriculture but also for the human body. It offers the body plenty of plant-based proteins and nutrients. But we will come to that later and more in detail.
For now its interesting for this recipe. Lupine flour makes everything very moist when you bake with it and it fills you! So don’t be surprised if the dough will be moister as you are used to. The taste is slightly nutty and sweet. Judge yourself and let us know whether you liked it!
How you do it:
- Add the chia and the milk in a small bowl
- mix the spices and the cacao powder and stir until everything is well combined.
- Wait 10 min and stir again. When it is too firm add some more milk
- Mix the grounded flax seeds with some water and set aside for 5 min.
- Mash the banana in a bowl and add the flaxseed egg and the buttermilk.
- Add the spices and the baking powder and stir until everything is well combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add them while stirring.
- heat a pan and some coconut oil and start baking the pancakes one by one for 3 min on each side.
Top them with the chiachocolate.
If you are ridiculous like us: add some almond butter, fruits, bananas, popped amaranth and basically everything you find in your muesli section:’D
It was a real feast:3
Hope you enjoyed this recipe and let us know whether you liked it 🙂
-Claire & Moritz[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:9]