Herby Wholegrain Cheese Sticks – “Snacklovers: this is for you”
Herby Wholegrain Cheese Sticks – “Snacklovers: this is for you” –
watching your favoruite series, having a picnic, as a starter for the dinner you organized or just for yourself to have something if the time is limited. The first time we made them was again for the dinner we rganized for friends. They went perfectly next to the garden salad with whipped ricotta & goat cheese starter. Everyone loved to dip the sticks into the lemony mixture & we definatly did not bake enough 😀
Bread Sticks are always the favourite snack if it comes to parties. Here you find the healthy & advanced recipe for the normally very fatty, excessivly packaged and salted ones from the supermarket.
How you do it:
- Start with mixing the fenugreek with the milk. Add that to the rest of the flours, grumbled yeast, salt & water and start kneeting this mixture for around 4 minutes.
- Afterwards start with stretching & foalding the dough for 5-7 minutes & form a ball. Cover the dough with a blanket & let this sit for around 1 hour in a warm place.
wait 1 hour
- Take the dough out of the bowl, WITHOUT Kneeting, so the air does not come out. Start with rolling the dough into a 1 cm high right angled platter.
- Brush the olive oil onto the surface. Add a part of the cheese, seeds & nuts on the surface.
- Fold the dough to 1/3 of its size. top the folded part with the rest of the toppings & fold the other side on top. The right angle you created that way, now can be cut into 1 cm thick stripes. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top & twist them into each other.
- Place them on top of a oiled baking sheet & let this sit for another 15 min.
wait 15 min
- Preheat the oven to 220°
- Bake the sticks for around 20 min.
- You are done when they are golden brown.