Mexican tortillas two ways “Truefoods Mexican Experiment”
Yesterday we had an incredible dinner at the Hotel de Gouzfazant in Amsterdam North with the beautiful people of Slow Food Youth Network. The Hotel was a located in the middle of the industrial buildings next to the water. Although it has been a former cruise shipbuilding, they managed to create a welcoming and cozy environment.
All these details, huge paintings, sofas, soft light and different interior welcomed us. The open kitchen gave us a few on a well prepared, good working team which produced all this incredible food for us. If you ever have the chance to go there, definitely do it! Especially, when you are with a bigger group.
We enjoyed a 4 course dinner, had great conversations, connected and free wine – what would you need more ? Afterwards, we went to this small bar nearby. A real treasure. The facade perfectly hid the treasure that was inside. The whole bar was lightened by candles, everything was full of details, old books, wine bottles, cactuses of all kinds and Mexican art.
One of our friends works there as a bartender and once we settled on the couches they gave us a taste of their snacks. WOW !!!Blue corn Tortillas with.a creme of sweet potatoes, lime, Parsley, Guacamole and Cauliflower ceviche – you see ??? it was a huge inspiration for this dish.
How you do it:
Sauteed Mushrooms & Paprika
- Start with heating some olive oil in a pan and mince the garlic and red onions. Add them to the pan and stir until they get glazy and soft.
- Cut the mushrooms and the Red Bell Pepper into little cubes and add them to the pan.
- Stir until they shrink and get a little golden brown crust.
- Add the Soy Sauce and set aside.
Butter Been Tortillas
- Drain the Butter Beans (leaving some liquid in the can) & add to a blender.
- Add the lemon juice, spices, Apple cider Vinegar and olive oil and stir until you have a smooth paste.
- Now cut the Artichoke hearts into thin slices as well as minze the spinach slightly.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add the tortillas to it without il. Heat up from each side for around 1 minute
- Now spread the paste as a basis. Add the Mushrooms, the artichoke and the spinach.
- Sprinkle some lime juice and you are done.
Red Bean& Cauliflower Ceviche Tortillas
- Drain the Red Beans until half of the can.
- Put them in the blender along with the spices, lime juice and olive oil.
- Wash yurcauliflower and start cutting really closely along the roses so you get really small chunks. (you can also use a cheese grounder ). Mix this with some salt, lime juice and massage it a bit.
- Mash the Avocado and mix it with some lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Now heat the tortillas as well & start with the bean paste as a layer, add the mushroom mixture, than the guacamole and top of with the ceviche.
Top everything with lime juice, pomegranate and Parsley.
THANKS & BIG SHOUTOUT TO YUEKYFOR THE POTTERY !