No-Soy Vegan Bolognese Sauce – “Favorite meal for kids”
This recipe is a creation from Hawaii. I was not so eager to buy tofu or any soy products in America, as I was sure that it would include GMO. Organic soy products were out of my budget, so I had to think out of the box. In the end, I am grateful, as I think this will actually be one of my favorite soul-food recipes on this page.
So, I graved a vegan Bolognese so much the other day that I had to get creative. I didn’t have tofu so I decided to soak sunflower seeds instead and create my own kind of Bolognese and it turned out to be suuuuper delicious.
How you do it:
- Start with boiling water with sea salt for your pasta.
- Put the carrots, basil, spices, sunflowerseeds and garlic into a foodprocessor and blend until you get a nice moist “meaty” mixture
- Heat olive oil in the pan, while cooking pasta and add the mixture into the pan
- Stir until carrots start to get softer and add the minced green pepper. Stir until everything is starting to get soft and caramalized.
- Add the tomato paste and let it cook and develop a rich tomato-tangy flavor. Add the diced tomatoes as well as the chocolate. (It helps to balance the sour taste of the tomatoes).
- Taste your pasta, if it is ready, take it out, add some olive oil so they wont stick together.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper after preference and serf with love.