Potato Truffles – “Sweet – potato dessert”
Potato what ?yes- truffles. This innovation arose from a creative session working with some basic ingredients and developing something new with them.
To be honest ?I thought: Oh god another healthy and strange tasting treat, but no, they actually taste really heavy like a sugary chcolate fudge or coconut praline.
Of course, it is not a rocher or a rafaello, but its also not as bad for your health and your environment as either Rocher nor Rafaello.
You also should have seen our gluten-allergic students faces. They were so heavy and Dominique, one of these students had half of the box as a breakfast. So they were obviously really appreciated. We hope you love them as much as we and the others did.
How you do it:
For both :
- Start with peeling and boiling your potatoes until you can cut them through smoothly.
- Take them out of the water and let them cool down
- Add the cacao powder, sugar and the coconut oil and mix it with a hand mixer. Dontbe surprised about the extreme sticky and gummy like. This is because of the starch and is ideal for the fudgy texture.
- Now stir the almonds under until they are equally spread.
- Start with taking a spoon to measure the approx. size and let this drop to a plate of cacao powder and roll them in them until you have a nicely covered chocolate ball. Place them on baking paper in a box and store them in he fide for at least 10 minutes to sit.
- Again mix the potatoes with the coconut oil, sugar and the coconut flakes (leaving some behind for the coating).
- Form some balls with a spoon and create an even shape by rolling them on the plate with the coconut flakes.
- Store them on baking paper in a box in the fridge for a while.
Its also possible to freeze them and get them out when you feel like a little treat!