Pumpkin Turmeric Spice Latte “Classic autumn drink”
The all-time classic is back – the Pumpkin Turmeric Spice Latte. We would not be us if we would just reduplicate a vegan recipe for us, so we decided to push this famous autumn drink to its limits.
The first thing we adjusted was: we took ou the caffeine, and before some of you say: “okay I am out”, we inserted turmeric for your energy kick.
The second thing we did was: we reduced the sugar content. We included healthy sugars that still give you the taste.
The third thing is: we made it vegan, our favourite milk substitute for drinks is oat milk. It has a very soft but still rather rich and sweet taste to it.
The last thing: we added a lot of spices to make this drink even better than the original!
Next, to this, we used the Turmeric Latte from Sonnentor, a company which we are both attached to for a long time of our lives. This brand sells spices, teas and everything close in a very conscious very “hippieish” way and it is a company that we trust 😉 *NO SPONSORING*
It is not necessary to buy but it definitely gives this recipe a boost and we use the spice basically every day.
How you do it:
- Either you have pumpkin puree or you have to start with cooking some pumpkin like Hokkaido in some water.
- Cook the milk on the side, taking care that it doesn’t burn.
- Add the pumpkin puree to a vessel, along with the ginger, all the spices and the sweetener of your choice.
- Add the milk to it and blend this all together really good.
- Serve and enjoy :)))
Hope you liked this recipe people 🙂
- Pumpkin Puree 3 tbsp
- Oat milk or any other plant based drink 2 cups
- Coconut Syrup or maple 1 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric fresh or as powder 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract 1/2 tbsp
- Nutmeg 1/2 tbsp
- Cinnamon 1 tbsp
- Kardamom 1-2 capsuls