Red Beet Bruschetta – with peanut crumble “Vegan christmas dinner”
It’s Christmas time people !!!
Today we are going to share the first recipe for out vegan Christmas cooking dinner from this Wednesday. A whole review & the article coming soon…
So for the starter, we chose to make one of our classics- just because it is :
- Easy to make
- Cheap ingredients
- Super tasty and something special
- Everybody loves Bruschetta
- Everybody loves Hummus
So we went for a Beet Hummus Bruschetta with Peanuts and a Side Salad topped with our famous: https://www.truefoodsblog.com/recipe/savoury-granola-curry-cashew-chunks/
& used aqua faba instead of the Eggwhite. Simply whisk the chickpea water until it forms small peaks and mixes it in the granola.
So Here is what you need (just imagine a lemon on the picture as well ):
How you do it:
- Preheat the oven to 150°
- Start with cutting the bread into slices and sprinkle them with olive oil & salt.
- Put them on a tray and let the bread get a crunchy surface for around 5-7 minutes.
- If you please take a glove of garlic, cut it in half and rub it on the surface of the bruschetta to get an extra kick of flavor.
- Drain the chickpeas (save the aqua faba for the granola) & leave around 1 tbsp over to leave it in the hummus for some extra texture)
- Put the chickpeas along with the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice & zest, pepper, salt, and Beets plus 1 tbsp of beet liquid and blend everything together until smooth.
- Taste after preference & set aside
Peanut crunch & dressing
- roast the peanuts in a pan without oil and add some salt & chili powder to them to pimp them up.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and massage it to the salad before serving
- start with adding the beet cream to the bruschetta & top it off with a good amount of peanuts.
- add the salad to the side & top it off with some nuts and seeds as well as the granola
hope you enjoy this starter & stay updated with the vegan gravy coming soon….