Simple Pumpkin Cookies – “Trick or Treat “
Pumpkin time is a happy time !whether sweet or savory, baked, pure, as a sauce, as pasta- everything is possible.
Autumn really is full of beautiful recipes. We are very excited & full of ideas. This is the first autumn in which we create recipes for you. There are so many inspirations and the colors of autumn are just too beautiful. Of course, you also start snacking more. every good tea or coffee time needs some good cookies. Especially those which are not too over the top & don’t give you a huge sugar rush.
Those simple Pumpkin Cookies are made to be snacked aside & leave you full, satisfied and not make you grave anything else.
Good fats, Good sugars, a lot of fibers and whole grains will make you feel full & satisfied. The nutty flavor of the pumpkin perfectly compliments any good coffee.
How you do it:
- Start with cooking your pumpkin, by cutting it into cubes and boiling it in water on medium heat for around 10 minutes
- preheat the oven to 170° C.
- Mash the banana or add the egg to a big bowl, add the Sugar and start whisking it with a mixing machine until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the Coconut Oil and whisk further. Add the pumpkin Puree and whisk again.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, spices and baking powder and one by one, spoon the flour under the liquid mixture until you have a rather solid dough.
- Take a spoon and portion the dough by rolling each spoon in your hands and set it on a baking sheet.
- Leave some space in between the cookies & bake them for around 15 minutes until they are getting golden brown.
- let them cool down and dip them in powdered sugar to garnish.
- Store in a closed container and enjoy 🙂
- Pumpkin Puree 1 Cup
- Ripe banana (or Egg) 1
- Wholegrain flour 2 1/2 Cups
- Baking powder 1 1/2 tbsp
- Agave sugar or sugar alternative of choice 1 - 1 1/2 Cups
- Nutmeg 1 pinch
- Cinnamon 1 pinch
- Vanilla 1 pinch
- Cardamom 1 pinch
- Coconut Oil 1/2 Cup
- Powdered sugar 1/2 Cup