Spaghetti Squash with Tahini Sauce and Pomegranate “Autumn recipe”
Spaghetti Squash is the absolute trend right now & we are more than happy about that! It is the typical autumn vegetables & as you know… we are always in favor for seasonal cooking! Seasonal cooking allows the consumer to profit from the varieties in locally grown foods & let them tend to rather buy
we are always in favor for seasonal cooking! Seasonal cooking allows the consumer to profit from the varieties in locally grown foods & let them tend to rather buy cheeper local products than globally sourced ingredients.
For us, as we life inthe middle of Europe, Spaghetti Squash is a regional, at the moment, seasonal food & they are flushing the market, so they are not even expensive.
So today we want to show you the classic dish to cook with it – with a little twist 😉
First Step :
- Start with cutting your squash into half, deseed it & cut it into Thumb thick stripes like shown below.
- Now you want to salt the slices to let the pumpkin sweat out the water & make it extra flavourful ! (you also save some energy as the pumkin needs less energy to cook)
- Let it sweat for 10 minutes & pet it dry.
- Preheat the oven to 170°
- Season th pumpkin with Thyme, Rosemary, Curry, Coriander powder, Red Pepper Powder, Ginger slices & Sesame if you please.
- Let the Pumkin bake for around 30 minutes.
Step 3 & Preparing the Sauce
- Meanwhile thinly slice the onions and the garlic & the ginger
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan & start roasting the cut spices.
- Add the coriander powder, and the sesame seeds with it until they are heated through.
- Now add the miso paste, the tahini & black pepper before you add the vegetable broth. Stir until everything is combined.
- Now add the lemon zest & juice & blend this until smooth & tasty!
- Take your squash out & start ripping the flesh with a fork from the skin, so you get a spaghetti texture.
- Garnish it wiith pumpkinseeds and pomegranates, as well as fresh parsley and zoodles (zucchini noodles)
- Spaghetti Squash 1 Big
- Salt 1 good pinch
- Sesame seeds 1 tbsp
- Rosemary 1 pinch
- Thyme 1 pinch
- Red Pepper powder 1 pinch
- Coriander 1 pinch
- Tahini 3 tbsp
- Miso Paste 2 tbsp
- Vegetable Broth 1 Cup
- Coriander powder 1 pinch
- Plack pepper 1 pinch
- Lemon Juice & zest 1/2 organic
- Zoodles 1 cup
- Pomegranate 4 tbsp
- Pumkinseeds 4 tbsp