Tofu Scramble – “Truefoods Tofu scramble secrets”
If you are a friend of me, or ever had the experience of having a breakfast/brunch with us, you probably tried this before. The Tofu Scramble is something which I consider to be a part of a “typically Claire Breakfast”. The year-long practice brought us to this point at which I am going to show you how it is being done. 😉
The trick is to make it as moist as possible. I know it sounds strange to first bake out the liquid out of the Tofu and than bringing it back, but thatsactually the whole magic. Definatly have to try it out.
Tofu acts like a sponge, that means when you first bake out the water and bring back a sauce of herbs into it, it will absorb all this beautiful flavor.
Next to it, we included a lupine Hummus, when you are interested in the benefits of lupine consumption just klick on the link: https://www.truefoodsblog.com/articles/10-reasons-why-to-eat-lupines_872/
How you do it:
- Start with heating the coconut oil in a pan. Drain the tofu and squish it with your hands into little crumbles, adding it to the pan.
- Fry the tofu until it gets more firm and slightly golden. Add the cut onions and garlic, frying it until they get soft.
- In a separate glass, add the spices and the nut butter with 4 tbsp of hot water and mix it until it is well combined.
- Add the spices mixture to the scramble and stir until the tofu has absorbed all the spices and gets nice and golden.
- Serve with some fresh tomatoes, cucumber, and the hummus.
- Simply drain the lupines and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix until everything is smooth and nice.
- If necessary add as much water as it takes to get a smooth texture
Hope you enjoy this recipe. Nice weekend you all.
- Tofu semi firm 1 Block
- Spring Onion 1/2 Cup
- Garlic 1 Glove
- Coconut Oil 1 tbsp
- Curry 1 tbsp
- Kumin 1 tbsp
- Ground Koriander seeds 1 tbsp
- Black salt 1 pinch
- salt 1 pinch
- black pepper 1 pinch
- Nut Butter 1 tbsp
- Lupines 200 g
- Lemon Juice 1/2
- Tahini 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 pinch
- Kumin 1 pinch
- Salt 1 pinch
- Black Pepper 1 pinch
- Olive Oil 1 tbsp