Vegan Butter Chicken – “Wait! What? Vegan Butter Chicken ?”
A real soul food. Rich and spicy with the perfect chicken meat substitution, which won’t make you miss anything.
Jackfruit and Chickpeas for texture and nutrients!
I have to admit that i have never tried the original recipe, but the taste is approved and highly recommended by my roommate, who had the pleasure of taste-testing. We had a real Indian feast, that day! Couldn’t get enough of all this goodness.
For the newbies beneath us- jackfruit has become a real must-have in the vegan cuisine. Its texture and ability to soak up any flavor preferred. Thereore, it is your own effort that you have to put in to make it taste amazing 😉
So, this is one of many indian recipes which we have already posted now. I am smelling an indian feast article soon 😉
How you do it:
Start with Marinading:
- For the marinade, start with mixing the soy yoghurt and spices until everything is blended.
- Drain the jackfruit, cut of the hard tip and pull them a bit apart so you get this chiken like texture.
- Drain the canned chickpeas and mix them as well as the jackfrut with the marinade.
- Massage the marinade in and let this sit for at least 1 hour to 12 hours
- Heat some coconut oil in a big pan and add the jackfruit together with the mariande and heat it through. cook for around 3 minutes.
- Now add the plant based butter, tomato sauce, sugar and salt and stir shortly.
- In the end add the creme and stir well. Turn down the heat and let this simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Soy Joghurt 1/2 Cup
- Lemon juice 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala 2 tbsp
- Garlic 2 gloves
- Cayenne Pepper 1 tbsp
- Ginger 1 tbsp minced
- Cumin 1 tbsp
- Jackfruit 300g or one can
- Chickpeas 250g
- Vegan creme 1 Cup
- plant based butter 2 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 tbsp
- Tomatoe paste 1 Cup