Vegan Cashew Sour Cream – “This is Nuts “
Vegan Cashew Sour Cream – A absolute must have for every vegan, but a definite “have to try” for everyone who is curious for new tasts or simply wants to find a healthy alternative to the fatty, mostly full of additives dairy version from the super market.
Of course, there is a difference in taste between the dairy version and the cashew alternative. I would describe the vegan version as more cheesy, tangy, creamy. You can actually create your own taste by either adding more nutritional yeast to make it more cheese like, more apple cider vinegar for sourness and more lemon or even lemon zest to create a fruity, refreshing tangy sauce. Perfect for Bruschetta, which we also made for the Truefoodscatering Boarding House Morbach. Therefore you just want to roast some bread with olive oil which you might have soaked herbs & garlic over night. Bake it for around 6 minutes at 180° C, add the sour cream on top & top it with fruity tomato salsa, seeds, and herbs.
How you do it:
- The first and main step is to soak the cashews over night. All nuts should be covered in water. If you are in a rush & do not have the time, you can also boil water and let them soak as long as possible.
- Add the soaked cashews to a blending utility or any bowl in which you can use a hand blender.
- Add the Salt, Yeast, Lemon Juice and the apple cider vinegar, as well as a pinch of white pepper.
- Blend until you achieve your favorite texture.
- Soaked Cashews 1 Cup
- Water 1/2 Cup
- Salt 1 tbsp
- Nutritional Yeast 1 tbsp
- Lemon 1 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar 2 tbsp