Vegan Coconut Truffles – “Coconut Snowballs with Macadamia Core”
Its snow time!!! . Last week I was in Germany & it was already snowing! Each year i am surprised about the fact that the year flies by so incredibly fast! This blog is turning one year old in spring & I can not believe how much of an impact it already had until now. We met incredible people, felt the joy of making people happy, inspired and were inspired, helped, safed food and made our first collaborations !
One of the first ones we want to introduce to you is: Tropicai
We met them on the Anuga – food fair in autumn and directly connected. Their products, their mission and their values excactly fitted our concept. That was the point were we decided to try out our first product placement and collaboration with a company. We already have some good contacts into the food industry so why not share our knowledge with you.
The plan is to include a new section in which we are going to intrduce a company to you, which in our opinion fits our values or aims to do so. In the article we are going to provide you an objective and subjective review of the products, including aspects like fairness, environmental impact, recipes, marketing, product analysis and taste.
Hope you like this Idea & enjoy the first collab recipe – Articles coming soon.
How you do it:
- In a pan slowly heat up the creamed coconut, together with the coconut oil.
- If you want you can roast the coconut flakes in a pan on a side.
- Remove the pot from the eat & start mixing the coconut flakes as well as the coconut syrup.
- Mix everything until you have a homogenous mass which you can form.
- If it is still too warm, leave it in the fridge for a couple of minutes.
- Take a spoon to measure portions and start with taking a macadamia. Fold the coconut mass around the nut and roll it until it is shaped like a ball
- Place them all in a container with baking paper and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Heat some water in a pot, placing a pot above, melting the white chocolate down. Prepare a bowl of the coconut chips.
- Take a fork, place the truffle on top and glaze it with white chocolate, immediately rolling it in the coconut chips.
- Let this dry & enjoy!
- Creamed Coconut 1/2 Cup
- Coconut Flakes 1/2 Cup
- Coconut syrup 5 tbsp
- Roasted Coconut chips 1 hand full
- White Chocolate (Rice Chocolate) 250 g
- Coconut Oil 2 tbsp