Vegan Cookie Taco Shells – “S’more Tacos- Hot for Food inspired”
Vegan Cookie Taco Shells – “S’more Tacos- Hot for Food inspired”- ones again an amazing inspiration by the wonderful team of “Hot for Food” – Lauren and John. I am trying to bake again people 😉
Today we are going to make Vegan Cookie Taco Shells. Moritz lately has an obsession with Mexican food. Unfortunately, we don’t live together anymore and its quite hard to make good photos in Moritz’s rather dark apartment. Otherwise, you could have seen what magical Mexican food is being created in his kitchen at the moment. Luckily we still have my apartment and now that it’s finally weekend we also have time to cook there together. Again something sweet for our sweet guy. Of course, we will also do something savoury, which you most likely will see in the next recipe, so be excited 😉
We started a new kitchen adventure which is called jackfruit. So if anyone can recommend a good recipe, please let us know in the comments. Without any further redo – lets get started with our Vegan Cookie Taco Shells.
How you do it:
vegan cookie taco shells (need to sit cool for at least 1 hour in the fridge)
- Start with mixing the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and the salt in a big bowl.
- In a seperate bowl mix the sugar, vanilla, vegetable oil and the plant based milk together.
- Add this to the dry ingredients and combine it until it gets crumbly, then continue with your hands until the warmth of your hands combines everything and makes it smooth
- Take a part of a baking sheet and fold the dough into it.
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- preheat the oven to 170°
- slightly kneet the dough to warm it up again. Than start flattening the dough until its around 0,5 cm high.
then form a roll with aluminium foil which should be as thick as your forearm and place it on a baking sheet. You want to do that to form the taco shells than
- taking a medium sized glass and cut out little cookies. Lay them over the alu rolls & bake this for around 12 min.
- Let the shells cool while you are preparing the stuffings.
banana caramel & apple pie
- Cut an apple into small cubes & place them in a pot on medium heat. Add the lemon juice & zest as well as the cinnamon and let that simmer for around 10 min
- In another pan heat some coconut oil & cut the bananas in pieces. Bake them for around 3 minutes on each side until they are caramelized.
- In a small pot mix together the cacao powder, plant based milk and the agave syrup & let this reduce until it has your favourite chocolate sauce texture.
stuff the tacos & enjoy !!!
winter is coming people 😉 😛
- Whole Grain Flour 1 Cup
- Baking Soda 1/4 tbsp
- Cinnamon 1 pinch
- Cacao Nips 2 tbsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- Granulated sugar 1/4 Cup
- Brown sugar 1/4 Cup
- Vegetable oil 1/8 Cup
- Plant based milk 1/8 Cup
- Apples 4 big
- Cinnamon 1 tbsp
- Lemon Cest 1 pinch
- Sugar (only if you like) 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Vanilla 1 pinch
- Bananas (ripe) 2
- Coconut oil 2 tbsp
- Raw Cacao powder 2 tbsp
- Plant Based Milk 2 tbsp
- Agave syrup 2 tbsp
- Ripe Mango 1 Big
- Peanuts (unsaltened) 1 handfull
- Peanut Butter 2 tbsp
- Agave Syrup 2 tbsp
- Plant based milk 3 tbsp