Vegan Fleischpflanzerl – “taste over looks!”
We created the classic bavarian dish with meat for the cookbook which is going to be released soon.
To be honest, I did not plan to veganize it in the first place. The idea arose more from the fact that my mum always makes too much hummus. So yesterday I was sitting in front of a big bowl of left over pink beet hummus & i wondered what to do with it. As I was not in the mood for falafel I quickly looked for the recipe of the Fleischpflanzerl and created my own vegan version for them.
I did actually not expect that would look like mettwurst 😀 but through the additional colour of the beetroot, they turned out to look super meaty. Don’t worry, they are not. 🙂
Let us know how you like them.
How you do it
- Start with making a hummus like base. Blend the beet with the chickpeas and the olive oil until smooth.
- Than, step by ste add the nutritional yeast, oat flakes, sunflowerseeds and flour and stir until you receive a sticky mass.
- Mice the onion into really small cubes and add them to the mass, as well as all the spices and give it a good stir again. Its okay when they are strong seasonaed. This way they are super delicious after the frying process.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and form balls of fleischpflanzerl mass with two big spoons.
- Let them fry for 3 minutes on each side until they get crunchy and well baked through.
- Serve with a dip of your choice.