Vegan Gravy – “Main Dish for your vegan Christmas dinner”
The Dinner idea form out vegan Christmas workshop is out now. This vegan gravy makes your guests wonder whether you are a magician. No – but really.
At the event, we had a friend of our class as a guest. Marc is a cow farmer and an ambitious meat eater and a huge critic of vegan food. Its just a huge part of his identity to be very close to the topic of animal farming and consuming. To our big surprise & bigger happiness, he came to us after the dinner & was completely overwhelmed. He said that he could barely taste a difference and that he really enjoyed being our guest.
This is why we are doing this – to inspire people and not convincing them for anything by force and bad feeling- but by taste and inspiration and love.
Love is the most important ingredient- also in this dish.
Hope you enjoy this & have a wonderful time with your family and friends. Share your love with them and be thankful.
How You do it:
vegan gravy & mashed potatoes Italian style
- Start with roughly chopping your mushrooms & heating some olive oil in a pan. Throw in the mushrooms and let them shrink to make a place for the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop the onions in four pieces & add them. Roughly chop the celery remove the green of the leek and roughly chop the white parts as well as chopping the carrots.
- Throw everything into the pan and give it a good stir, letting it cook for a little while.
- Meanwhile, heat a pot of cold water with some salt & the peeled potatoes.
- Throw in the flour into the pot with the cooking vegetables and give it a good stir, heating through the flour. Now add the red wine and stir again. Add the Molasses or apple stroop, as well as the soy sauce and the vegetable stock.
- Let this cook while you mince the herbs before you add them as well as salt and pepper.
- Leave to cook while you are preparing the potato mash and or sides.
- For the mash, let the potatoes cook until soft. Add the salt, pepper, lemon zest & juice as well as olive oil & mash until smooth.
- Taste test and season after preference. Now add the capers and put to the table.
- Take a sieve and rinse the gravy over another pot & softly push through some of the vegetables.
- You can also serve the vegetables. Your gravy is done & ready to serve
Christmas message from us: