Vegan Orange Cheesecake “Vegan Christmas Dessert”
This recipe is a creation from our dear friend Kiki from the ingrdible Slow Food Youth Network Team Amsterdam.
As you might know we collaborated with them for our vegen christmas dinner. She is in the process of becoming a trained vegan chef.
she was the one who initiated the event with us at the first svyn meeting we had. The way she shows her passion aboutvegan food & the enthusiasm with which she talks about it cought us from the first meeting on. We are very thankful to have teamed up with her.
How you do it:
Cook an orange for 2 hours in water (in whole)
- First make crust by whisking the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon together. Melt the oil together with the sugar and add, when it is slightly cooled down, to the flour.
- Mix together slightly, until you have a ball. Don’t mix it too much. Let it rest in refrigerator for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat the oven, 200 degrees.
- Put the crust into a tart pan (ca. 23 cm) , let it cool down again in the refrigerator. Then, when oven is ready, bake for 10 min without any filling.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor. Mix and taste ☺ Does it need more sugar? More lemon juice?
- If you are satisfied, add the mixture to the slightly baked crust and bake for 30 min in a 180 degrees oven
- After 30 min, let it rest in the oven with the door slightly open.
- Spelt Flour 250 g
- Coconut Oil 125 g
- Coconut Blossom Sugar 70 g
- Baking Powder 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon 1 pinch
- Salt 1 pinch
- Silken Tofu 500 g
- Superfine Sugar 65 g
- Almond butter (white is best) 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- Lemon Juice & zest 1 pinch
- Cornstarch 2 tbsp
- Orange (cooked for 2 hours & pureed in one whole) 1
- Vanilla essence 1 splash
- Cacao only if you want