Vegan Protein Cookies with Cacao Nibs and Peanut – “Planty of Power”
Vegan protein Cookies ! Moritz and me are packing our stuff today. Tomorrow at that time we will sit in the airplane heading to Marocco. The excitement is rising and rising. Of course, we need to back some snacks and treats for the journey, so I made some cookies as a treat. I still had a recipe by a friend that I wanted to try, which I took as a basis for this recipe. Use this recipe to add all of your favourite toppings. Raisins, oats, nuts and seeds are perfect add-ins to make them your own.
How you do it:
- Preheat an oven to 180 °
- Start with mashing a ripe banana in a bowl, until it has a smooth texture.
- Add the applesauce, peanut butter, protein powder, baking soda and the spices and mix again, until everything is blended.
- After everything is well combined add the dry ingredients. If the dough is too moist, add oats or flour.
- Take out a spoon of dough and make small balls which you place on a baking sheet.
- The cookies won’t expand as much so you can place a max of 12 little balls on your sheet.
- Bake the balls for around 10 min until they get small cracks on their surface. Take a spatula and lightly press down the balls so they get the typical cookie shape.
- Let them bake for another 20 min then take them out to cool. don’t leave them on the hot sheet, they will cook further and get try)
- Mix the peanut butter and the syrup and drizzle it over the finished cookies.
Enjoy your little treats, people! You will hear from us when we come back 🙂 Don’t worry, we won’t forget you. We will take plenty of inspiration, crazy spices and recipes home for you.