Vegan Spinach’n Artichoke Dip
Artichokes ! you know that we are in love with them ! superfood or not – they are simply super delicious and its true: they are an aphrotisiacum 😉 at least after our experience.
If you want to read more about the health benefits of this beautiful plant, we have researched and found some good pages with useful information:
I wanted to recreate this recipe into a vegan version for so long now ! Finally, we have managed to try it out. We took the inspiration from hotforfood here. And oh Dear ! it was so good ! we switched the recipe up for our preference, but the trick with the tabioaca starch is just amazing.
Due to its ability to bind and emulgate- the dip forms a crust which is almost stretchy like the crust of a regular dipw ith cheese inside. So it is definalty a must have for anyone who is missing the texture and the flavor of cheese but wants to skip animal products for good.
How you do it:
- Soak the chashew at least 1 hours before use in hot water
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut the onions and the garlic and start with heating the olive oil in a pan and roast the minced garlic and onions in it until golden brown. Now add the spinach and let it shrink.
- In a blender, combine the cashews and the non- dairy free milk and blend until really really smooth.
- Now add the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, tabioca starch, herbs of choice, chili, salt, white pepper, miso paste if you have it (it just enhances the cheesy taste) and the nutritional yeast and blend until perfectly combined.
- rinse the artichokes and cut into fourths. Now add the spinach and the artichokes to the cheese dip and stir until evenly combined.
- Fill everything int a caramic vessel and drizzle with olive oil before baking for aorund 30 minutes until the curst gets golden brown.
- Dip with fresh veggis and roasted garlic baguette – which is our absolut favorite.!
Enjoy my loves !
- Butterbeans (canned) 1 can
- Cashews (soaked for at least 1 hour) 20g
- Non-dairy Milk 1/2 Cup
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes 3 tbsp
- White Miso (only if you have) 1/2 tbsp
- Tabioca Starch 2 tbsp
- Onion 1 medium
- Garlic minced 1 glove
- Artichokes (canned or in glas) 1 can (oil or salt water)
- Baby Spinach (cooked and drained) 2 hand full
- Olive Oil 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 1/2 lemon
- Salt 1/2 tbsp
- White Pepper 1 pinch
- Chili Flakes 1 pinch