Vegan Tigernuts Quinoa tropical Breakfast
Vegan Tigernuts Quinoa tropical Breakfast – Tigernuts to the fullest plus the quinoa & granola crunch! Mhhhhh, what a beautiful start for the reunion. This is basically our breakfast of the first day in Aichach near Augsburg.
I really missed enjoying breakfast with Moritz. We always celebrate breakfast like no other person. Its always this on-off relationship with whole grain waffles, self-made bread & porridge in all different interpretations. At the moment we are trying to find some alternatives to our really intense carb dishes. Always intense whole grain rice or noodles. Especially Moritz lately suffered from some gut damage & not feeling light & comfortable.
So Quinoa and Tigernuts, which both consists of a more diverse ratio of macro & micro nutrients, are a good variation to try. Tropical fruits for some special occasion of course & to start into the stories of Bali, of which I am very much looking forward to hearing more of 😉
How you do it:
- Start with heating your Tigernut mixture and the liquid in a pot over medium heat.
- As soon as it starts soaking in the liquid & the mash starts to bubble – add the agave sirup and the quinoa.
- Stir from time to time so it does not burn.
- Add the coconut flakes and the coconut oil & some more liquid to adjust the texture towards your favors.
- Turn down the heat & place the mash on your favoured plates.
- Cut a pine apple into cubes & place the cubes on top.
- Add the Physalis, nuts & seeds ,apple sauce & granola and enjoy !
- Tigernuts flour or mixture of other grains 1 cup
- Quinoa (we took mixted ) 1/4 cup
- Oat milk or any other plant based milk 1 1/4 cup
- Agave sirup 3 tbsp
- Coconut Flakes 5 tbsp
- Coconut oil 1 tbsp
- Sunfower & Pumkin Seeds 4 tbsp
- Apple Sauce 4 tbsp
- Pineapple chunks 1 cup
- Physalis 1 hand full
- Coconut Chocolate Granola (if you want to ) 1 hand full