Vitamin Boost Bowl – Roasted vegetables Salad & Peanut Maple Lemon Sauce
Is that time of the year when it gets “harder” to buy seasonal food.
Many people struggle to find something that they like and still fits the winter season. Nevertheless, they aim to buy seasonal, simply do not know how to survive in the winter time. Well, thats why we are here to support you.
This time with a little veggie inspiration. For all of you who do not like brussels spouts that much- this recipe may really be a game changer for you ! The leaves will get crunchy and the flavour of the curry will soak into the little green buds.
The nice thing also – it looks beautiful on your plate.
I really have to say tht it was big fun to plate this recipe & to present it to you – thats why food is my art now – Claire
How you do it:
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Cut your veggies into thin slices & the Brussels Sprouds into half. Put them all in a big bowl with Sesame oil, maple syrup, spices, salt and mix it through so everything is evenly covered.
- Put the veggies on baking paper and roast them for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the grains to the pot with an equal amount of water & let this simmer for around 15 minutes until soft
Peanut Maple Lemon Sauce
- Basically mix all the ingredients together and stir until everything starts to combine.
- Add a little splash of water until you are satisfied with the texture and taste.
Serve everything together in a bowl.
- Parsnip 2 medium
- Carrots 3
- Cauliflower 1/4
- Brussels Sprouts 1 hand full
- Fennel 1/2
- Carb of Choice (Quinoa, couscous, bulgur etc) 1/2 Cup dry
- Nuts of choice (cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds) 1 hand full
- Sesame oil 2 tbsp
- Salt 1 big pinch
- Cinnamon 1 pinch
- Curry Powder 2 tbsp
- Agae syrup or maple syrup 1 tbsp
- Peanut butter 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice & zest 1/2 lemon
- Maple Syrup 2 tbsp
- Sesame oil 2 tbsp
- korinader seeds grounded 1 pinch
- kumin 1 small pinch
- Salt 1 pinch
- Black pepper 1 pinch