Whipped Lemon Goat Cheese Edible Flower Salad “Salad for Friends”
Whipped Lemon Goat Cheese Edible Flower Salad – As you might guess from the title: this beautiful starter was created for a dinner for friends. We already posted the recipe of the dessert, so we kind of go backwards through our dinner we had.
Edible flowers have absolutly been my thing! especially Indian cress with its spice. The zucchini coconut soup was the perfect start to the indian cress season. Now our whole garden is full of them. They definatly are a good help for conversation if your guests have to do a dare to eat your starter.
Currently I am at the construction week of Lott & the granola I made is already empty – full sucess. Tomorrow I am very looking forward to make a professional wine tasting with a friend. There is no place in the world I would rather be now. I was also part of the cooking/kitchen team & its really more work than I would have imagined to cook for around 150 people every day 😀 But i have to stay focused on writing this recipe while I am sipping on my uncounted glass of white wine ;))) 😛
How you do it:
- Start with adding the ricotta and the goat cheese into a bowl in which you can mix them together. Add the Zest of the whole lemon as well as the juice, white pepper and mint.
- Start whipping the mixture until it is completely blended and airy. Take two spoons and start measuring one spoon of whipped cheese, place it on the pomegranate seeds and roll it around until you get a fully covered cheese ball.
- Place the green leaves, cut cucumber, tomatoes, radishes and the edible flowers on your plates.
- Mix the raspberry jam, vinegar, herbs, pepper, salt, oil and fresh herbs in a small jar & set aside.
- Place the finished balls of cheese (you can also cover them in seeds or any herb mixture) on the side.
- Serve by adding the dressing on the plates shortly before serving
PS: I also fried some Lupine Tempeh – Recipe is somehing on its own !It was amazing. I also served some selfbaked bread on the side .
- Goat Creme Cheese 1 pack (300g)
- Ricotta 250g
- Organic Lemon 1
- White Pepper 1 pinch
- Mint 1 handful of leaves
- Pomegranate Seeds 1/2 Fruit
- Pumkin Seeds 3 tbsp
- Green Leaves 4 hand full
- Radishes 4
- Indian Cress 8 flowers
- Marigiold flowers 4
- Corn flowers 8
- Daisies as much as you want
- Cucumber 1
- Heirloom tomatoes 4
- Raspberry Jam 2 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar 2 tbsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2 tbsp
- Sweet Mustard 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- Pepper 1 pinch
- Fresh Herbs 1 handful