Basic Chocolate Granola Recipe “Its the thing hippies always use to make”
Basic Chocolate Granola “It’s the thing hippies always use to make” – you can buy it everywhere, it has been one of the biggest food trends in 2007: Granola. Once again something what we never wanted to eat when our mums made it. Okay, these days granola came with a lot less sugar and a lot more seeds and raisins. Does not sound to bad now 😀 Today you can buy it everwhere, which is regarding to the actual price of raw material, absolutly rediculous. Just add what ever you want.
There is also a way to make it even more like chunky: Just add two egg whites and mix well. Leave some bigger chunks & enjoy.
How you do it:
- Preheat the oven to 170° C.
- First mix the dry ingredients like oats, favorite nuts, seeds, cacao, grains or spices.
- Add the melt coconut oil, then the honey or agave syrup. Mix everything with a wooden spoon. Be patient, it takes some effort until everything is well combined, but it will work.
- Place the granola on a baking sheet, making a platter not thicker than 1 cm. Leave bigger chunks, they will be the best parts.
- Bake this for around 6 min. Then rotate and bake for another 6-10 min. Watch it closely!
- Let it cool on a cold surface, that’s when the granola gets crispy. Store the granola in a closed box & use it within 2-3 weeks.
Other Granola recipes:
Asian – Glutenfree: https://www.truefoodsblog.com/recipe/buckwheat-peanut-tamari-granola-gluten-free-without-regrets/