Beet Apple Peanut Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Beet Apple Peanut Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette – Red Beet seems to be the big thing for us at the moment & again it’s in the combo of red fruits but this time also with peanuts.
The same like with pumpkinseeds oil & vanilla ice-cream, Peanut butter & Beets was shown to me by someone who is really close to me. My cousin Amelie, who always used to share the same passion, the same love for food as me. When we are in the kitchen we are just melting to a ridiculous couple who is creating the most time taking, detailed meals. I remember the time we were responsible for the Christmas dinner a few years ago 😀
Food is such a strange & complicated theme nowadays. Are you vegan are you vegetarian? What should you eat to loose weight, to grow muscles or to stay slim? Maybe fully raw vegan ? or maybe Paleo… I guess everyone is annoyed by that (reluctantly vegan :P). So these foods that are actually inspired by the people I love are tasting the best & for me:
So these foods that are actually inspired by the people I love are tasting the best & for me: Food is remembrance. Its a way of capturing a moment or a person for me & that makes food such a magical thing & not a religion ! Its your own book of memories. Especially when the Beet comes from the garden of my grandpa, who has worked for it, took care & gave it his full attention as his garden is one of his biggest hobbies. Topped by the fact that I eat the homemade bread of my mum. I could call it a love loaded meal 😛
How you do it:
- Heat a pot of water & add the Beet. Do not peel the beet, otherwise it will lose its beautiful color.
- Cook it for about 6 min.
- Meanwhile, cut the apple into little evenly shaped cubes.
- Mix the Raspberries with the apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, elderflower syrup or jam and the mustard.
- Take out the Beet & pour cold water over it.
- Peel the beet (be careful with the color) & cut it into small cubes as well.
- Mix the apples with the Beet & the vinaigrette. Top it off with the peanuts & eat it with a good slice of bread and goat cheese for example.