Fast Pasta Salad – “Pesto Supreme”
Many of our followers asked my weather we could make so more super quick and easy summer recipes. As we are big fans of fast and easy healthy kitchen this is the right challenge for us. Here is a classic recipe I use to make for every BBQ. The Fast Pasta Salat with pesto and fresh veggies is loved by everyone. Just a few Ingredients and some good spelt or wholegrain pasta soaked in the delicious pesto dressing, nothing more to add. As always I tried to use as many ingredients as possible locally sourced or from our Organic garden. Enjoy light and tasty food in this amazing summer from Truefoodsblog.
How to do it:
- Cook the spelt or wholegrain pasta according to the instructions on the packaging. (Hint: I cook them always 1 minute less to have the “al dente” bite. Cool them down and set aside.
- Sear the Carrot cubes and chickpeas for 3 minutes after that add the Mangold (or baby spinach) for another 3 minutes, in a medium heated pan in olive oil. Deglaze with the citron juice and the Pesto. Add 1/4 cup water to get a creamy texture. Let it cool down a little bit.
- Add the artichoke, the tomato cubes, the feta cubes, and the mixed nuts into a large bowl with the chilled pasta.
- Add the creamy veggies with pesto from the pan into the large bowl and mix it well. Now add salt, pepper, a little bit of olive oil and maybe some apple vinegar to the salad and stir well. Let it rest for at least 10 minutes in the fridge (the longer it rests the better).
- Before serving taste again and add salt, pepper, and vinegar as you like. Serve with the Basilicum and salad leaves. Enjoy
My mother always used to say, make the pasta salad for a BBQ one night before the BBQ to get the perfect soaky taste.
Another delicious Summer Salad Recipe from Truefoods –> Goat Cheese Salad