Green Pea & Fenugreek Spread – “easy & quick homemade spread”
Green Pea & Fenugreek Spread – “easy & quick homemade spread” –
Its brunch time again! Uh, who of you does love brunches as much as we do ?? I guess everyone loves brunches. Sitting together with friends, talking for hours over a full breakfast table, enjoying coffee and tea along with all the goodies. There are so many things that need to be included to a good brunch. Eggs or tofu crumble good bread, fresh turmeric milk or cappuccino, fruits, tomatoes ..ach I could on for hours.
But what should definitely not be missing is good spread. Especially for vegans and vegetarians, but also for meat eaters, a variety of toppings is a must. So you go to the supermarket and buy a vegan spread with a fancy name, but wait! Turn the glass and have a look on the ingredients.. sounds familiar? yes, because its super easy to find the ingredients and make spreads yourself. The good thing: You are saving money, palm oil, sunflower oil and preservatives!
So here is the first of our spreads:
How you do it:
Green Pea & Fenugreek Spread
- Defreeze the peas beforehand & soak the cashew nuts or blanched almonds in water for at least 20 min. (with a bad blender up to 1 hour) in hot water.
- Add the peas, cashews, lemon zest & juice, salt, fenugreek, black pepper, mint & nutritional yeast into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Now taste test it & season as you like.
- Use within 4 days.
If you are interested into our quick & easy moe’s bread recipe for this click here: https://www.truefoodsblog.com/recipe/buttermilk-bread/
- Cashews or blanched almonds soaked 1/2 Cup
- Peas (defrozen) 1 Cup
- Lemon Zest & Juice 1 organic
- Mint 1/4 Cup
- Fenugreek 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper 1 pinch
- Sea Salt 1 pinch
- Nutritional Yeast flakes 2 tbsp