Summer Buddha bowl -Vegan Parmesan Sweet potato, Chickpeas, Avocado-Tahini-Lime Dressing
Summer Buddha bowl -Vegan Parmesan Sweet potato, Chickpeas & Avocado-Tahini-Lime Dressing.
Wow! What a title 😀
But I seriously could not resist on putting every detail of this dish into it. Is it a salad, a bowl, a dish – I don’t know. It’s simply delicious and its always fitting to call it a Buddha Bowl 🙂 And yes I felt like a happy Buddha after eating it. Lately our roommate Fiona became seriously addicted to tahini and she basically puts it into every dish. That inspired me to put it into this one as well. Also new in my cooking skill assortment is the poached egg. It is not easy in the beginning and I had quite some crumbly, hard, ugly accidents with it but I think I can manage it quite good now. 🙂
This link will explain how you can do it as well: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/eggs-recipes/poached-eggs/
We think you guys are going to fall in love with our Summer Buddha Bowl recipe and if you give it a try, let us know! We love seeing your comments, and especially your Instagram photos. Just tag them #Truefoodsblog so we can give them a look.
How you do it:
- Preheat the oven on around 180°
- Wash your vegetables and cut the cucumber and the potatoes into your favorite shape.
- Heat some water with vinegar for the poached egg.
- Put the chickpeas and medium-sized cubes of the sweet potatoes into a bowl with oil and salt. Mix it with your hands (you know- everything tastes better when you mix it with your hands:P)
- Heat coconut oil in the fryer or heat resistant sauce pan. Alternatively, Put the mixture for 20 min into the oven
- Meanwhile, add the ingredients for the Avocado-Tahini-Lemon dressing into a food blender and mix until it’s completely blended.
- The water for your egg should be cooking. Put it from the heat and stir in an even circle with a spoon and carefully add the egg. Directly try to put the egg together with a spoon and let it sit for around 3 minutes.
- As soon as your chickpeas are done, take them out of the oven and add the nutritional yeast for the cheesy flavor.
- Now you just need to put everything together.
I hope you managed to do a poached egg when you did it for the first time – if yes: you have my full respect! 😀 Let me know if you managed!
Have a nice summer start
More Dressing inspiration needed?